Technology that leads to a better future
Sustainability by Nanopower
Sustainability is disrupting the way business gets done. Fortunately, many revenue-increasing technological undertakings lead to more viable solutions
Nanopowers objective is to develop technology that enables environmentally sustainable solutions. Our power management IC has the ability to do just that by reducing energy consumption in a vast array of electronic components and devices.
Sustainability in Nanopower
What are we going to do
In our quest to enhance and optimize our sustainability efforts, we have devised the following plan of action for 2023:
- Materiality Analysis: We'll conduct a materiality analysis following the GRI standard. This analysis will help us better understand how our actions impact people and the planet, both positively and negatively.
- Sustainability Strategy and Action Plan: Based on the materiality analysis and selected Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) targets, we'll update our sustainability strategy and create a practical action plan.
- ISO Certification: We will initiate the process of becoming certified in accordance with the applicable ISO standards.
- Climate Accounting: Starting in 2023, we'll report our climate emissions using the internationally recognized GHG protocol. We'll also set clear targets for reducing our carbon footprint.
- Life-Cycle Assessment: To better understand the environmental impact of our product, the nPZero IPMIC, we'll conduct a thorough life-cycle assessment. This assessment will help us identify areas for improvement and reduce our product's environmental footprint.
Our technology has direct positive impacts on
Consumption of limited resources
Pollution and energy use from resource extraction
Electronic and battery waste
World Economic Forum estimates that 84% of IoT projects have the potential of addressing the UN’s SDG. Nanopowered devices make a real impact in this regard
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
The industrial IoT refers to interconnected sensors and other devices networked together with computers' industrial applications. This connectivity allows for data collection, facilitating improvements in productivity and efficiency. Targeting conscious use of natural resources, less waste, leaner processes, and longer life cycles of equipment. It will empower the industry to reach sustainability goals.
#Target 9.2 Promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization 9.4 Upgrade infrastructure and retrofit industries to make them sustainable
Sustainable cities and communities
Smart cities require the collection of data for efficient operations. This requires a sustainable vast infrastructure of reliable IoT sensors, with long battery life as a key element.
#Target 11.6 Reduce the environmental impact of cities, including by paying special attention to air quality
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Electronic equipment continues to be one of the fastest-growing waste streams. Therefore, circular economy action plans are rewarding products based on their sustainability performance. Nanopower is helping companies to reduce WEEE and be compliant with laws and regulations.
#Target 12.5 Substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse
Monitoring of the environment is important to document how essential properties of nature change over time due to natural or anthropogenic influence. Wireless IoT systems will play an increasingly important part in the future. Environmental management tools help to predict floods, forest fires, and other natural disasters. Remote battery-powered sensors are essential to such solutions.
#Target 13.1 Strengthen resilience and adaptive capacity to climate-related hazards and natural disasters